Rabbi Alan Greenbaum will lead a free tour to four locations in Nevada County and discuss “Jews of the Gold Rush.” A caravan organized by the Sisterhood of Congregation B’nai Harim will include visits to Williams Stationary, two cemeteries and the original home of Aaron Baruh. The group will meet at 10 am. Sunday at 506 Walsh St. in Grass Valley and return for snacks at the temple after the tour. Those interested in making reservations may call Fieni Verdooner at (530) 272-3455 or Anita DuPratt at (530) 272-2995.
“Jews of the Gold Rush” tour this Sunday
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Local girl reported missing, found sleeping in woods
- Dine out during Nevada County’s restaurant week
- Judge: Insufficient evidence Truckee contractor at fault in carbon monoxide deaths (updated)
- ‘Love What Arises’ teacher comes to Nevada County
- An impartial friend: Therapy dogs bring comfort to family court