Rabbi Alan Greenbaum will lead a free tour to four locations in Nevada County and discuss “Jews of the Gold Rush.” A caravan organized by the Sisterhood of Congregation B’nai Harim will include visits to Williams Stationary, two cemeteries and the original home of Aaron Baruh. The group will meet at 10 am. Sunday at 506 Walsh St. in Grass Valley and return for snacks at the temple after the tour. Those interested in making reservations may call Fieni Verdooner at (530) 272-3455 or Anita DuPratt at (530) 272-2995.
"Jews of the Gold Rush" tour this Sunday
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Members launch campaign to keep doors of Grass Valley Elks Lodge open
- Brothers sentenced to life without parole for murder of Brian Spalding
- Woman sentenced in drunken boating case
- Camping in the backyard: Inn Town Campground in Nevada City set to open this summer
- New 'Extremely Moderate' group seeks to make grassroots change in Nevada County government