Rabbi Alan Greenbaum will lead a free tour to four locations in Nevada County and discuss “Jews of the Gold Rush.” A caravan organized by the Sisterhood of Congregation B’nai Harim will include visits to Williams Stationary, two cemeteries and the original home of Aaron Baruh. The group will meet at 10 am. Sunday at 506 Walsh St. in Grass Valley and return for snacks at the temple after the tour. Those interested in making reservations may call Fieni Verdooner at (530) 272-3455 or Anita DuPratt at (530) 272-2995.
- Lowell Fire in Nevada County closer to containment, reduction in firefighters
- Scientists: Increasing evaporation influencing historic changes at Lake Tahoe
- Officials: Full containment of Lowell Fire approaches
- Firefighters thank Nevada County for its support during Lowell Fire
- Cal Fire reports possible fires due to lightning strike