The 45th annual Gem and Mineral Show this weekend is a local favorite for children and adults alike. This year’s event includes special displays of fossils, dinosaur bones and petrified wood, as well as numerous gem and mineral collections. Dealers with beads, pearls and more will be on hand with ready-to-wear jewelry or pieces to make your own. Watch local artisans at work. The event is from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Nevada County Fairgrounds main building, 11228 McCourtney Road in Grass Valley. For information, visit http://www.ncgms.org.
Earth’s treasures at the fairgrounds this weekend
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- East Main detour announced
- Local women advance to pageant regionals
- Blue Star Mothers to meet July 19
- FFA instructor to address livestock problems
- Hospital’s Pine Tree Gift Shop sale coming up