The 45th annual Gem and Mineral Show this weekend is a local favorite for children and adults alike. This year’s event includes special displays of fossils, dinosaur bones and petrified wood, as well as numerous gem and mineral collections. Dealers with beads, pearls and more will be on hand with ready-to-wear jewelry or pieces to make your own. Watch local artisans at work. The event is from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Nevada County Fairgrounds main building, 11228 McCourtney Road in Grass Valley. For information, visit http://www.ncgms.org.
- Man in custody for Sacramento, Auburn deputy shooting-spree
- Grass Valley woman takes five-year plea deal in three fraud and theft cases
- After a 60-year relationship, photographer will leave The Union broken-Harted
- Obituary Denise Greco-Bethel
- Three arrested, one being sought in connection with Lake Wildwood burglaries