The 45th annual Gem and Mineral Show this weekend is a local favorite for children and adults alike. This year’s event includes special displays of fossils, dinosaur bones and petrified wood, as well as numerous gem and mineral collections. Dealers with beads, pearls and more will be on hand with ready-to-wear jewelry or pieces to make your own. Watch local artisans at work. The event is from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Nevada County Fairgrounds main building, 11228 McCourtney Road in Grass Valley. For information, visit http://www.ncgms.org.
Earth's treasures at the fairgrounds this weekend
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Nevada City attorney submits proposal for statewide marijuana legalization initiative
- Grass Valley house promotes turning lawns into gardens
- Our View: Real need for urgency is actual leadership on cannabis in our community
- Police blotter: Female flasher reported
- Consolidated: Nevada City fire brownouts plan 'a huge gorilla on our backs'