Noble Joe Day was recently honored by his Brother Nobles in recognition of over 50 years as a Shriner. Joe and his wife, Roberta, reside in Hilltop Manor, where his family and friends gathered for a presentation. Day joined Ben Ali Shrine in 1961 and was very active until recently. Joe and Roberta have been very active in all Masonic Orders for years. Roberta is a past matron and Joe a past patron of Evangeline Chapter No. 9, Order of the Eastern Star. Joe also served as organist for his Masonic Lodge, Nevada Lodge No. 13, Free and Accept Masons for over 40 years.
October 9, 2012 | Back to: NewsBriefs
Shriner Joe Day honored for five decades of service
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Secret legacy revealed inside Nevada County Fairgrounds' 'Gentle Giant'
- Debate in drug sale case on sentencing enhancements
- Police blotter: Multiple residential burglaries reported
- Community mourns Nevada Union student who died in hiking accident
- NU grad aids Nepal relief effort through open-source mapping