Noble Joe Day was recently honored by his Brother Nobles in recognition of over 50 years as a Shriner. Joe and his wife, Roberta, reside in Hilltop Manor, where his family and friends gathered for a presentation. Day joined Ben Ali Shrine in 1961 and was very active until recently. Joe and Roberta have been very active in all Masonic Orders for years. Roberta is a past matron and Joe a past patron of Evangeline Chapter No. 9, Order of the Eastern Star. Joe also served as organist for his Masonic Lodge, Nevada Lodge No. 13, Free and Accept Masons for over 40 years.
Shriner Joe Day honored for five decades of service
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Madelyn Helling Library to celebrate Teen Tech Week
- Candidate for secretary of state to speak at Nevada County Republican Party’s spring dinner
- Gardner/author to speak at garden club meeting
- RSVP- Volunteer Nevada County
- Grass Valley movie theater employee reportedly embezzled thousands
- Proposed Grass Valley shopping center bad for small business?
- Jaguar totaled after GPS leads couple into Nevada County mudhole
- Involuntary manslaughter charges contemplated in Tahoe Hotshot death
- Candidate filing creates race for Nevada County Superintendent of Schools