If you knit, crochet, weave or felt with natural fibers, the Gold Country Gathering alpaca show is hosting a Fiber Arts competition the weekend of October 20-21. Entries must be made from at least 50 percent alpaca. There is no entry fee. Ribbons and cash prizes awarded. Peoples’ Choice judging is done with ballots. Entry forms must be postmarked by Oct. 9. Deliver your item(s) to the event at the Nevada County Fairgrounds (near the horse barns and cow barns) Oct. 19 between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Pick up items Oct. 21 between 2 and 4 p.m. Download entry forms and tags at www.calpaca.org/goldcountry/registration.htm.
Calling all fiber artists
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Nevada Union teen dies as result of car crash injuries
- Drought, fire risk causes insurance headaches for Nevada County homeowners
- Community rallies around critically injured NU football player
- Pedestrian flown to Roseville after being hit by vehicle
- 'The Blue Vault of Heaven': Alonzo Delano and The Great Grass Valley Fire of 1855