Local candidates will be on hand to answer questions at the Oct. 6 meeting of the Nevada County Democratic Women’s Club. Candidates include Cindy Latimer, candidate for Nevada Joint Union High School District TA4; Paula Campbell, candidate for Nevada City School District; Jim Firth, candidate for Grass Valley City Council; and Nick Wilcox, candidate for NID Division 5. Propositions on the November ballot will also be discussed. The meeting begins at 9:30 a.m. at Trolley Junction Restaurant in Nevada City. The meeting is open to the public and the buffet breakfast costs $12. Reservations must be made by Oct. 1 by calling or emailing Sally Smith at (530) 273-3051 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Man arrested on weapons, drug charges in Grass Valley
- Helping Lisa: 'Love Nest Kits' raise funds for 12-year-old with cancer
- State medical marijuana expert talks to seniors
- State of Jefferson supporters, opponents to avoid debate at May 12 Nevada County presentation
- Police blotter: Caller reports argument with naked woman