The Nevada County Board of Supervisors declared the weekend of Sept. 5, 6 and 7 to be the “Roamin’ Angels’ Cruisin’ the Pines Car Show Weekend.” This is the weekend of their 15th annual car show at the Nevada County Fairgrounds. The declaration was a nod to the car club’s 50 years of service to the community. Proceeds from the car show, engine raffle and other activities go to various local nonprofit organizations, such as the Salvation Army, Boy Scouts, veterans, the Roamin’ Angels’ scholarship fund, toy drive, hospice, cancer awareness, local high schools and many others. The Roamin’ Angels also contributed to the improvement of the fairgrounds, including the installation of the concrete pad in front of the Pine Tree Stage. Next weekend, the show will feature more than 500 classic cars, vintage travel trailers, late model muscle cars and classic boats. For more information, visit http://www.roaminangels.com.
Supes give nod to Roamin' Angels' community service
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- LOWELL FIRE: Cal Fire reassessment redraws map to 1,500 acres, 15 percent containment (PHOTOS) (VIDEO)
- LOWELL FIRE: 20 percent containment, 1,700 acres; several injured firefighters released (VIDEO)
- YOUR SHOTS: Grass Valley, Nevada City community on high alert over Lowell Fire
- Grass Valley's Sierra Moonshine: who doesn't love a good home brew?
- UPDATE: Air quality worsened Sunday from Lowell Fire smoke