East Main Street, between Bennett Street and Idaho-Maryland Road, will be closed to eastbound traffic for underground utility work July 7-11. The lane closure will take place between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. A detour will be in place for eastbound traffic. Access to businesses/residences will be maintained to westbound traffic. Pedestrian access will remain open. Eastbound bicyclists will be required to walk their bikes on the sidewalk through the vehicle closure or may use surface streets to bypass the lane closure.
- Containment of Lowell Fire expected Aug. 10
- Firefighters thank Nevada County for its support during Lowell Fire
- Lowell Fire in Nevada County closer to containment, reduction in firefighters
- Officials: Full containment of Lowell Fire approaches
- Scientists: Increasing evaporation influencing historic changes at Lake Tahoe