The Nevada Union Football Community Service Program is off to a fast start this season. In recent weeks the team has supported the NEO Festival and Soapbox Derby. This past weekend, the team worked at the Healthy Harvest Garden in Grass Valley, directed by garden coordinator Ellen Persa. Pictured, from left, are: Joe Peterson, Jerron Steele, Ellen Persa, Brody McCoy and Kase Scott.
NU football players pitch in
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Suspect in Alta Sierra vehicle arson arrested after chase
- Update: Suspected shooter ID'd, search called off near Washington
- Defendants take pleas in Washington Ridge drug-smuggling scheme
- Cannabis dispensary to be considered by Nevada City Council
- Nevada City Council moves forward with marijuana dispensary process