The Nevada Union Football Community Service Program is off to a fast start this season. In recent weeks the team has supported the NEO Festival and Soapbox Derby. This past weekend, the team worked at the Healthy Harvest Garden in Grass Valley, directed by garden coordinator Ellen Persa. Pictured, from left, are: Joe Peterson, Jerron Steele, Ellen Persa, Brody McCoy and Kase Scott.
NU football players pitch in
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Twenty years later, questions still linger in Sam Strange double-homicide case that shook Nevada County
- Nevada County marijuana: County releases draft grow ordinance
- PG&E employee who died while working has been identified
- Suspicious death in Washington ruled homicide, man ID'ed
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County