The Nevada Union Football Community Service Program is off to a fast start this season. In recent weeks the team has supported the NEO Festival and Soapbox Derby. This past weekend, the team worked at the Healthy Harvest Garden in Grass Valley, directed by garden coordinator Ellen Persa. Pictured, from left, are: Joe Peterson, Jerron Steele, Ellen Persa, Brody McCoy and Kase Scott.
NU football players pitch in
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- UPDATE: Serious injuries reported in three-car crash on Hwy 20 and Pleasant Valley Rd.
- Patricia Smith: Medical marijuana, to tax or ban?
- Experts: California home sales will rise in 2016
- Traffic stop ends in arrest on drug charges
- Turkey Trot: Nevada County celebrates Thanksgiving, raises money for suicide prevention at 10th annual race