The St. Canice Ladies Guild will host “Two Hours of History” at 2 p.m. on Sunday, June 8 at St. Canice Hall at the end of Reward St. in Nevada City. Guest speaker Vince Seck will give a talk and slide show entitled, “The History of Glenbrook Basin.” Ever wondered where Lake Olympia is? Was there really a racetrack? These questions and more will be addressed at the event, which is open to the public. Cookies and beverages will be served at the break. For more information, contact Bennie Delgado at 530-265-6418 or Sharon Seck at 530-265-2428.
- Grass Valley man stays patient, positive while awaiting kidney donor
- Nevada County death: Man dies in single-vehicle wreck
- Nevada County sheriff, supervisors say 'no' to body cameras for deputies
- PG&E augments hazard prevention measures in bark beetle epidemic (VIDEO)
- Terry Lamphier: Big development is progress? Really?