The St. Canice Ladies Guild will host “Two Hours of History” at 2 p.m. on Sunday, June 8 at St. Canice Hall at the end of Reward St. in Nevada City. Guest speaker Vince Seck will give a talk and slide show entitled, “The History of Glenbrook Basin.” Ever wondered where Lake Olympia is? Was there really a racetrack? These questions and more will be addressed at the event, which is open to the public. Cookies and beverages will be served at the break. For more information, contact Bennie Delgado at 530-265-6418 or Sharon Seck at 530-265-2428.
Ladies' Guild to discuss 'History of Glenbrook Basin'
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- AUTO SPORTS: Nevada City native Rossi gears up for Indianapolis 500
- In honor and remembrance: Two additional walls to be added to Memorial Park in Grass Valley
- Groups endorse candidates, ballot measures and hope members listen in Nevada County
- Kathy Dotson: No on Measure Y
- Motion for new Gold Country Lenders trial set for August