The St. Canice Ladies Guild will host “Two Hours of History” at 2 p.m. on Sunday, June 8 at St. Canice Hall at the end of Reward St. in Nevada City. Guest speaker Vince Seck will give a talk and slide show entitled, “The History of Glenbrook Basin.” Ever wondered where Lake Olympia is? Was there really a racetrack? These questions and more will be addressed at the event, which is open to the public. Cookies and beverages will be served at the break. For more information, contact Bennie Delgado at 530-265-6418 or Sharon Seck at 530-265-2428.
Ladies' Guild to discuss 'History of Glenbrook Basin'
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Pursuit ends in arrest on burglary, vehicle theft charges
- Two indicted in multimillion dollar commercial loan fraud
- Nevada Irrigation District asks for reboot of 36 percent water use reduction proposal
- Mediation set next week in Eskaton Village Grass Valley class action lawsuit
- Take a hike this spring with a new guide to native trees and shrubs