The St. Canice Ladies Guild will host “Two Hours of History” at 2 p.m. on Sunday, June 8 at St. Canice Hall at the end of Reward St. in Nevada City. Guest speaker Vince Seck will give a talk and slide show entitled, “The History of Glenbrook Basin.” Ever wondered where Lake Olympia is? Was there really a racetrack? These questions and more will be addressed at the event, which is open to the public. Cookies and beverages will be served at the break. For more information, contact Bennie Delgado at 530-265-6418 or Sharon Seck at 530-265-2428.
Ladies' Guild to discuss 'History of Glenbrook Basin'
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Yuba County landlord guilty in marijuana cultivation case
- Kidnap suspect arrested in Nevada County
- K-9 officer Rudiger gets new ride after accident
- Suspect in Grass Valley burglaries arrested in Sacramento
- Ballot measure arguments face tight deadlines in Nevada County pot, Nevada City online rentals and business license measures