Yuba River Charter School third graders Bay Noel and Mae Flanigan pose with Paralympic gold medalist Evan Strong, who holds up his medal. More than 500 community members turned out Tuesday at the Miners Foundry Cultural Center in Nevada City to honor the local athlete.
A 'Strong' role model
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Nevada City attorney submits proposal for statewide marijuana legalization initiative
- Grass Valley house promotes turning lawns into gardens
- Our View: Real need for urgency is actual leadership on cannabis in our community
- Consolidated: Nevada City fire brownouts plan 'a huge gorilla on our backs'
- Police blotter: Female flasher reported