Yuba River Charter School third graders Bay Noel and Mae Flanigan pose with Paralympic gold medalist Evan Strong, who holds up his medal. More than 500 community members turned out Tuesday at the Miners Foundry Cultural Center in Nevada City to honor the local athlete.
A 'Strong' role model
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Sheriff: Narcotics officer cleared of misconduct after months-long investigation
- Camping in the backyard: Inn Town Campground in Nevada City set to open this summer
- Members launch campaign to keep doors of Grass Valley Elks Lodge open
- Brothers sentenced to life without parole for murder of Brian Spalding
- Dist. 2 supes candidates clash on Measure W