Yuba River Charter School third graders Bay Noel and Mae Flanigan pose with Paralympic gold medalist Evan Strong, who holds up his medal. More than 500 community members turned out Tuesday at the Miners Foundry Cultural Center in Nevada City to honor the local athlete.
A 'Strong' role model
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- UPDATE: Serious injuries reported in three-car crash on Hwy 20 and Pleasant Valley Rd.
- Turkey Trot: Nevada County celebrates Thanksgiving, raises money for suicide prevention at 10th annual race
- Experts: California home sales will rise in 2016
- Alleged Nevada County embezzler arrested in Oregon
- Patricia Smith: Medical marijuana, to tax or ban?