Steve and Valerie Moberg, owners of Broad Street Inn in downtown Nevada City, have recently joined a community of book lovers by installing a Little Free Library. The organization, “Little Free Library,” is comprised of house-shaped boxes scattered throughout the world. They are a place for members of the community to promote reading by borrowing or donating books. The mini library that now sits in front of the inn is available to anyone who wishes to take or leave a book. Day or night, rain or shine, the library is available for anyone. The Little Free Library is located at the Broad Street Inn at 517 W. Broad Street in Nevada City. To learn more about Little Free Library and its mission statement, visit http://www.LittleFreeLibrary.org.
'Little Free Library' offers free books and takes donations
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Fourth Annual Cynthia And Sophia Community Fitness Day in Grass Valley
- Nevada County League of Women voters to discuss 'Housing and Homeless'
- Congressman McClintock, Sheriff Royal to speak at Nevada County Republican women's meeting
- AmeriCorps members to help create defensible space in Nevada County
- A day of disc golf
- Pot, plants seized at South County indoor grow operation
- TV show 'American Pickers' looking for finds in California, could visit Nevada County
- Mail thefts on rise: Reports in Nevada County nearly quadruple from 2014 (StoryMap)
- Reinette Senum: Youth should not let Grandma and Grandpa determine their future