AARP offers free help with preparation of federal and state income tax returns. It is available to people of all ages with middle and low income, with special attention to those 60 and older. The program is staffed by local volunteers who are IRS-trained and certified. Appointments (be prepared to stay two hours) are available only on Mondays between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. through April 7. Call HelpLine at 530-273-2273 to schedule an appointment. Appointments can be scheduled anytime between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Frida). No walk-ins will be accepted.
AARP free tax filing assistance available
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Officials: Full containment of Lowell Fire approaches
- Lowell Fire in Nevada County closer to containment, reduction in firefighters
- San Juan Ridge woman gets fine, probation in neighbor dispute
- After a tough childhood, Jackie Turner looks to spread hope to others
- Scientists: Increasing evaporation influencing historic changes at Lake Tahoe