AARP offers free help with preparation of federal and state income tax returns. It is available to people of all ages with middle and low income, with special attention to those 60 and older. The program is staffed by local volunteers who are IRS-trained and certified. Appointments (be prepared to stay two hours) are available only on Mondays between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. through April 7. Call HelpLine at 530-273-2273 to schedule an appointment. Appointments can be scheduled anytime between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Frida). No walk-ins will be accepted.
AARP free tax filing assistance available
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- United Way of Nevada County looking for Citizen Review Team
- Free tax filing assistance available for seniors
- Homeless man found dead in Grass Valley identified
- University Women to examine ‘The Sages Among Us’
- NJUHSD School board trustees to hold meeting