AARP offers free help with preparation of federal and state income tax returns. It is available to people of all ages with middle and low income, with special attention to those 60 and older. The program is staffed by local volunteers who are IRS-trained and certified. Appointments (be prepared to stay two hours) are available only on Mondays between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. through April 7. Call HelpLine at 530-273-2273 to schedule an appointment. Appointments can be scheduled anytime between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Frida). No walk-ins will be accepted.
AARP free tax filing assistance available
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Nevada City woman lives in chicken coop to promote urban homesteading (VIDEO)
- Two injured in Highway 49 collision near La Barr Meadows Road
- Hearing in child molest case seeks to throw out text, email evidence
- Proposed Alta Sierra Dollar General store decision referred to Nevada County planning commission
- Man charged with arson in connection with campfire at Grass Valley apartment complex