AARP offers free help with preparation of federal and state income tax returns. It is available to people of all ages with middle and low income, with special attention to those 60 and older. The program is staffed by local volunteers who are IRS-trained and certified. Appointments (be prepared to stay two hours) are available only on Mondays between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. through April 7. Call HelpLine at 530-273-2273 to schedule an appointment. Appointments can be scheduled anytime between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Frida). No walk-ins will be accepted.
AARP free tax filing assistance available
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Twenty years later, questions still linger in Sam Strange double-homicide case that shook Nevada County
- PG&E employee who died while working has been identified
- Grass Valley resident seeks to promote responsible use of public land
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- Suspicious death in Washington ruled homicide, man ID'ed