AARP offers free help with preparation of federal and state income tax returns. It is available to people of all ages with middle and low income, with special attention to those 60 and older. The program is staffed by local volunteers who are IRS-trained and certified. Appointments (be prepared to stay two hours) are available only on Mondays between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. through April 7. Call HelpLine at 530-273-2273 to schedule an appointment. Appointments can be scheduled anytime between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Frida). No walk-ins will be accepted.
AARP free tax filing assistance available
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Suspect in Grass Valley burglaries arrested in Sacramento
- Grass Valley School District assesses impacts of Nevada Joint Union High School District's later start time
- High in the sky: Nevada County Sheriff gets $30K more for helicopter flights in search of illegal drug activity
- Yuba County landlord guilty in marijuana cultivation case
- Kidnap suspect arrested in Nevada County