YubaNet: Fusshoeller deportation order canceled
November 13, 2013
Community rallies for Fusshoeller
Dozens of people crowded into California Organics in Nevada City Sunday night to support YubaNet webmaster Pascale Fusshoeller. Fifty percent of all food and drink sales, as well as 50 percent of all sales of the Achilles Wheel band’s CDs, went to support Fusshoeller’s legal defense fund.
On Tuesday, Fusshoeller wrote in an editorial that her deportation to Luxembourg has been canceled and she’ll continue her efforts to gain U.S. legal resident status with her spouse, Susan Levitz.
According to an editorial authored by YubaNet founder and editor Pascale Fusshoeller, a deportation order seeking her removal has been canceled.
Fusshoeller, native of Luxembourg, was nearly deported after the arrest when it was discovered she had been living in the United States without an appropriate visa for nearly 15 years. YubaNet publisher, and Fusshoeller's partner, Susan Levitz, said she married Fusshoeller in July, and the couple was in the process of getting immigration papers in order when the arrest occurred.
"Well, it's official. We have confirmation – ICE's order of removal against me has been canceled," Fusshoeller wrote.
"ICE exercised prosecutorial discretion and no enforcement action will be taken," she continued. "In plain English, they chose to see me as a human being, not just a number. This means we can complete the application for a green card for me.
"I find it difficult to adequately express the relief, joy and thankfulness we are feeling right now.
The entire editorial available at YubaNet.com.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Daughters of the American Revolution honor high school ‘good citizens’ in Nevada County
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier