Wreaths Across America honors fallen heroes
December 26, 2012
The Captain John Oldham Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution will host a Wreaths Across America program at 11 a.m. Dec. 15 in the military section of the St. Patrick's Church Cemetery. The Wreaths Across America project was started more than 20 years ago when the Worcester Wreath Company, owned by Morrill Worcester in Maine, began a tradition of placing wreaths on the headstones of our nation's fallen heroes at Arlington National Cemetery during the holidays to honor veterans. Over that period of time, Worcester Wreath has donated thousands of wreaths, which were placed by volunteers in a wreath-laying ceremony each December. As word spread, the mission to "remember, honor and teach" about the sacrifices made by our veterans has captured the hearts and minds of many communities across the country.
Please join us Dec. 15 as we honor those who serve our country.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Teardown begins for Tractor Supply Company in Grass Valley
- Lack of inventory continues to drive higher price of homes in Nevada County
- Nevada County prosecutor: Child sex suspect caught at airport
- Property purchase first step in improving pedestrian access to downtown Grass Valley (MAP)
- Grass Valley woman charged after dog dies in hot car