WOW accepts donation as part of “giving back” campaign.
February 11, 2013
APi-marketing (formerly Auburn Printers & Integrated Marketing) has announced the recipient of this year's "giving back" campaign.
"For the last four years in lieu of giving our customers gifts, we have been giving the money, which would have been spent, to a worthy nonprofit," said Merrill Kagan-Weston, president of Api-marketing. "The decision is made by friends and customers through a direct-mail, cross-channel marketing campaign where they are requested to pick their 'favorite.'"
Women of Worth is this year's winner, receiving the most votes. WOW received a $500 check and a $5,000 credit toward a cross-media campaign of its own to help with fundraising for its three homes and other needs. Women of Worth is a nonprofit that assists families in crisis and domestic violence victims. It increases self-reliance and improves quality of life by helping people rebuild their lives with dignity, hope and safety.
Each year APi-marketing has a "giving back" campaign towards a nonprofit. The focus this past year was on women in need and specified giving to either Women Of Worth, Stand Up Placer (formerly Peace for Families) or HEART.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death