Women’s Writing Salon Program coming in November
October 20, 2013
The Nevada County Women's Writing Salon is pleased to present its fall 2013 program at 1 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 16, at Tomes/Sierra Mountain Coffee Roasters. Six local and regional women writers — Katie Burdick, Judy Crowe, Nanci Shandera, Elizabeth Soderstrom, Emily Surface and Loraine Webb — will be reading selections of their poetry and prose.
Come early for a seat at this popular event. Enjoy food, coffee and conversation, then settle back at 1 p.m. for an afternoon of inspiration as readers take you into the literary worlds of humor, tragedy, spirituality, fantasy, memoir and more. Men are enthusiastically welcome.
The salon, which takes place three to four times a year, was started in 2005 by Gail Entrekin and Ronnie Paul and has been produced since 2007 by local authors Betsy Graziani Fasbinder and Patricia Dove Miller. Tomes/Sierra Mountain Coffee Roasters is located at 361 Maltman Drive, Grass Valley.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed