Women’s Writing Salon Program coming in November
October 20, 2013
The Nevada County Women's Writing Salon is pleased to present its fall 2013 program at 1 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 16, at Tomes/Sierra Mountain Coffee Roasters. Six local and regional women writers — Katie Burdick, Judy Crowe, Nanci Shandera, Elizabeth Soderstrom, Emily Surface and Loraine Webb — will be reading selections of their poetry and prose.
Come early for a seat at this popular event. Enjoy food, coffee and conversation, then settle back at 1 p.m. for an afternoon of inspiration as readers take you into the literary worlds of humor, tragedy, spirituality, fantasy, memoir and more. Men are enthusiastically welcome.
The salon, which takes place three to four times a year, was started in 2005 by Gail Entrekin and Ronnie Paul and has been produced since 2007 by local authors Betsy Graziani Fasbinder and Patricia Dove Miller. Tomes/Sierra Mountain Coffee Roasters is located at 361 Maltman Drive, Grass Valley.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Cioppino and pasta feed fundraiser coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds
- Foothills activists sought to advocate for Medicare, Social Security
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom