Women’s business group welcomes Sally Edwards, athlete, author, entrepreneur
September 23, 2013
Sally Edwards, MA, MBA, a leading an expert in business, exercise science and healthy-lifestyle living, will be the guest speacker at the Oct. 16 meeting of Business and Professional Women of Nevada County. Edwards is one of the pioneers of the Olympic sport of triathlon and helped to organize both the national and international governing body for the sport. This professional triathlete is a 16-time Ironman finisher, a member of the Triathlon Hall of Fame and past winner of the ultra-marathon — the hundred-mile Western States Endurance Run. She is the national spokeswoman for the Trek Women's Triathlon Series.
She is the founder of a half-dozen businesses. She founded and franchised America's largest chain of retail sports shops, FLEET FEET Sports. Sally is a sought-after professional speaker, delivering dozens of speeches and performances each year. Sally is an engaging speaker, weaving humor, anecdotes and inspiration into her message of personal health and well-being. The meeting is from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at 151 Union Square (151 Mill St). Visit http://bpwnevadacounty.org to RSVP or for more information.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed