Women’s business group welcomes Sally Edwards, athlete, author, entrepreneur
September 23, 2013
Sally Edwards, MA, MBA, a leading an expert in business, exercise science and healthy-lifestyle living, will be the guest speacker at the Oct. 16 meeting of Business and Professional Women of Nevada County. Edwards is one of the pioneers of the Olympic sport of triathlon and helped to organize both the national and international governing body for the sport. This professional triathlete is a 16-time Ironman finisher, a member of the Triathlon Hall of Fame and past winner of the ultra-marathon — the hundred-mile Western States Endurance Run. She is the national spokeswoman for the Trek Women's Triathlon Series.
She is the founder of a half-dozen businesses. She founded and franchised America's largest chain of retail sports shops, FLEET FEET Sports. Sally is a sought-after professional speaker, delivering dozens of speeches and performances each year. Sally is an engaging speaker, weaving humor, anecdotes and inspiration into her message of personal health and well-being. The meeting is from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at 151 Union Square (151 Mill St). Visit http://bpwnevadacounty.org to RSVP or for more information.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Faith groups invite Nevada County residents to come together in unity
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Congressman Tom McClintock to speak to Nevada County Republican Women
- 1/2-acre vegetation fire off North Bloomfield contained
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site