Women of Worth summer barbecue fundraiser
August 21, 2013
Women of Worth is hosting its second annual Taste of Country Barbecue Saturday, Sept. 14. Women of Worth is a nonprofit charitable organization which provides shelter, job training, counseling and support for victims of domestic violence. This event will take place at The Nevada County Contractors Association Building at 149 Crown Point Court, Grass Valley. The barbecue will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. and will include barbecued tri-tip and chicken, a no-host bar, live music, a silent auction and a live auction.
Women of Worth provides the only full-service shelter for women and their families who are victims of domestic violence in Nevada County. There are currently two shelters under year-round operation and a third is being planned. Women of Worth is able to provide shelter, food, counseling, access to legal advice and job training at a cost of $55 per day per client. Unfortunately, the shelters are almost always full and the need is great.
Tickets are $25 in advance/ $30 at the door. They can be purchased at The Union Newspaper (464 Sutton Way, Grass Valley) or the ReShop (13355 Grass Valley Avenue Suite B). For more information or to buy tickets, contact Women of Worth at 530-272-6851.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- ‘Meet and Greet’ for Kimberly Ellis, candidate for state chair of the California Democratic Party
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana