Women of Worth summer barbecue fundraiser
August 21, 2013
Women of Worth is hosting its second annual Taste of Country Barbecue Saturday, Sept. 14. Women of Worth is a nonprofit charitable organization which provides shelter, job training, counseling and support for victims of domestic violence. This event will take place at The Nevada County Contractors Association Building at 149 Crown Point Court, Grass Valley. The barbecue will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. and will include barbecued tri-tip and chicken, a no-host bar, live music, a silent auction and a live auction.
Women of Worth provides the only full-service shelter for women and their families who are victims of domestic violence in Nevada County. There are currently two shelters under year-round operation and a third is being planned. Women of Worth is able to provide shelter, food, counseling, access to legal advice and job training at a cost of $55 per day per client. Unfortunately, the shelters are almost always full and the need is great.
Tickets are $25 in advance/ $30 at the door. They can be purchased at The Union Newspaper (464 Sutton Way, Grass Valley) or the ReShop (13355 Grass Valley Avenue Suite B). For more information or to buy tickets, contact Women of Worth at 530-272-6851.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Daughters of the American Revolution honor high school ‘good citizens’ in Nevada County
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier