Women of Worth e-waste drive at Old Barn
October 22, 2013
Women of Worth will benefit from every item of electronic junk that folks take to Old Barn Self-Storage through the end of October.
The Grass Valley nonprofit that helps women escaping from domestic violence is the October partner for Old Barn's monthly e-waste drive. Take your old televisions, radios, computers, monitors, cell phones and other gadgets to Old Barn, where they will be stored in a locker until the end of the month. Old Barn will call SIMS Recycling Solutions, an international recycling company with a facility in Roseville, to fetch the junk.
SIMS also takes keyboards and mice, cables, scanners, cameras, copiers, test equipment, lab and medical equipment, home entertainment items and mobile devices. For a complete list or to learn about SIMS' data security steps, visit http://us.simsrecycling.com and click on "For Consumers."
Old Barn Self-Storage is located at 175 Spring Hill Drive, Grass Valley, off Idaho-Maryland Road. Hours are 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. daily. Contact on-site manager Lew Aebersold at 530-274-4455 with questions or to become an e-waste partner.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Sierra Nevada Canoe and Kayak Club open to new members
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Collision on Highway 49 near Alta Sierra Drive injures 2, ties up traffic all day Friday
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations