Westbound Interstate 80 traffic subject to delay near Colfax
March 17, 2014
The California Department of Transportation advises motorists that westbound Interstate 80 will be subject to lane restrictions and a reduced speed limit of 25 miles per hour from Gold Run to State Route 174 from 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. today for combined maintenance operations.
This lane restriction and reduced speed limit are necessary for Caltrans Maintenance crews to perform a variety of maintenance work on a narrow section of I-80 known as the "three-mile grade." Traffic during the combined maintenance operation will be shuttled by the California Highway Patrol to maintain the safety of motorists and Caltrans staff.
Roadside message boards will be used to post the latest information. Unexpected weather or events may prolong or cause the work to be rescheduled. Caltrans reminds motorists to "Slow for the Cone Zone." For the latest highway traffic news, follow Caltrans District 3 on Twitter at https://twitter.com/D3PIO or like them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CaltransDistrict3.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Raising Deer Creek awareness — open studio artist partners with Sierra Streams Institute
- Avanguardia Wines opens new tasting room with Jim Bair Photography
- GOP to host gun rights lobbyist in Grass Valley
- Grocery Outlet raises the bar in helping the hungry in Nevada County
- “Nevada County Reads & Writes” selects book for 2018
- Dodge Dakota breaks through wall, sends child sprawling to the floor, mother says
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man returns home to find burners on, house ransacked, mysterious pants