Westbound Interstate 80 traffic subject to delay near Colfax
March 17, 2014
The California Department of Transportation advises motorists that westbound Interstate 80 will be subject to lane restrictions and a reduced speed limit of 25 miles per hour from Gold Run to State Route 174 from 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. today for combined maintenance operations.
This lane restriction and reduced speed limit are necessary for Caltrans Maintenance crews to perform a variety of maintenance work on a narrow section of I-80 known as the "three-mile grade." Traffic during the combined maintenance operation will be shuttled by the California Highway Patrol to maintain the safety of motorists and Caltrans staff.
Roadside message boards will be used to post the latest information. Unexpected weather or events may prolong or cause the work to be rescheduled. Caltrans reminds motorists to "Slow for the Cone Zone." For the latest highway traffic news, follow Caltrans District 3 on Twitter at https://twitter.com/D3PIO or like them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CaltransDistrict3.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball