Westbound Interstate 80 traffic subject to delay near Colfax
March 17, 2014
The California Department of Transportation advises motorists that westbound Interstate 80 will be subject to lane restrictions and a reduced speed limit of 25 miles per hour from Gold Run to State Route 174 from 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. today for combined maintenance operations.
This lane restriction and reduced speed limit are necessary for Caltrans Maintenance crews to perform a variety of maintenance work on a narrow section of I-80 known as the “three-mile grade.” Traffic during the combined maintenance operation will be shuttled by the California Highway Patrol to maintain the safety of motorists and Caltrans staff.
Roadside message boards will be used to post the latest information. Unexpected weather or events may prolong or cause the work to be rescheduled. Caltrans reminds motorists to “Slow for the Cone Zone.” For the latest highway traffic news, follow Caltrans District 3 on Twitter at https://twitter.com/D3PIO or like them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CaltransDistrict3.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- 16 people evacuated from Cascade Shores area
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers