Water and energy discussed
April 15, 2013
The Nevada Irrigation District is taking steps to make its Grass Valley office close to energy neutral with the installation of solar panels in the parking lot and storage yard and the use of hybrid vehicles by office staff.
NID Assistant General Manager Tim Crough will discuss these and other steps the utility is taking to conserve energy at a forum Wednesday, part of "America's Energy Revolution: Can We Afford It?" This free, six-week course is exploring local facets of this national concern.
Weekly 90-minute sessions start at 9:15 a.m. Wednesdays in the Fellowship Hall of Peace Lutheran Church, 828 W. Main St., near downtown. Each will include a question-and-answer period. Coffee and baked goods will be served at 9 a.m.
For information, contact organizer David Baker at 530-432-8935.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Robbery suspect wanted in May incident found in Grass Valley
- Vehicle fire: Fire units battling blaze at Hwy 20 and Poker Flat Road (Video)