Water and energy discussed
April 15, 2013
The Nevada Irrigation District is taking steps to make its Grass Valley office close to energy neutral with the installation of solar panels in the parking lot and storage yard and the use of hybrid vehicles by office staff.
NID Assistant General Manager Tim Crough will discuss these and other steps the utility is taking to conserve energy at a forum Wednesday, part of "America's Energy Revolution: Can We Afford It?" This free, six-week course is exploring local facets of this national concern.
Weekly 90-minute sessions start at 9:15 a.m. Wednesdays in the Fellowship Hall of Peace Lutheran Church, 828 W. Main St., near downtown. Each will include a question-and-answer period. Coffee and baked goods will be served at 9 a.m.
For information, contact organizer David Baker at 530-432-8935.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom