Wanted: fun, energetic and caring people
March 28, 2014
“Breakfast in the Park,” “Pennies for Hospice,” “Butterfly Garden,”“Tree of Love,” “Celebration of Lives,” “No Show Gala” — you recognize these Friends of Hospice of the Foothills’ events that have become part of the community calendar? Friends of Hospice has a long and proud tradition of raising vital funds for Hospice of the Foothills to provide compassionate end-of-life care to patients and their families.
Founded in 1982, Friends of Hospice now has more than 150 volunteer members coming from all walks of life. Whether it’s planning events, participating in our many activities or meeting at our quarterly luncheons, Friends of Hospice of the Foothills is a friendly, energetic group dedicated to raising funds and support for Hospice of the Foothills — and having fun doing it!
The organization’s goal in 2014 is to recruit new members who are willing to help with our fundraising events, our administrative duties and fill event chairs and board positions as they become open. Volunteers find the experience fulfilling and exciting.
For more information, call 530-274-5121, 530-205-9752, or 530-265-9709; or email FOHospice@gmail.com for more information.
Trending In: News Briefs
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows