Wanted: fun, energetic and caring people
March 28, 2014
"Breakfast in the Park," "Pennies for Hospice," "Butterfly Garden,""Tree of Love," "Celebration of Lives," "No Show Gala" — you recognize these Friends of Hospice of the Foothills' events that have become part of the community calendar? Friends of Hospice has a long and proud tradition of raising vital funds for Hospice of the Foothills to provide compassionate end-of-life care to patients and their families.
Founded in 1982, Friends of Hospice now has more than 150 volunteer members coming from all walks of life. Whether it's planning events, participating in our many activities or meeting at our quarterly luncheons, Friends of Hospice of the Foothills is a friendly, energetic group dedicated to raising funds and support for Hospice of the Foothills — and having fun doing it!
The organization's goal in 2014 is to recruit new members who are willing to help with our fundraising events, our administrative duties and fill event chairs and board positions as they become open. Volunteers find the experience fulfilling and exciting.
For more information, call 530-274-5121, 530-205-9752, or 530-265-9709; or email FOHospice@gmail.com for more information.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Raising Deer Creek awareness — open studio artist partners with Sierra Streams Institute
- Annual classic truck and 4×4 show coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds in October
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- “Nevada County Reads & Writes” selects book for 2018
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Water and compliance issues bring cannabis advocates, county officials to the table