Walking tour of Nevada City’s trees
June 17, 2013
Nevada County Walkers walk the streets of Nevada City every Thursday evening and five additional days, but on Thursday, we'll be doing something special.
We'll follow the map several folks designed and distribute through the Nevada City Chamber of Commerce. Published in 2008, they used numbered maple leaves to designate a special tree on a map that wanders through Nevada City. The entire tour is a few hours, and we'll do half this week, half the next.
You won't want to miss this very interesting walk and discover the gems living throughout the downtown area.
Meeting time is 5:30 a.m. at the Robinson Plaza in front of the Nevada City Chamber of Commerce. Bring water and sunscreen, and we'll see you then! Bring a couple of dollars if you plan on stopping at the ice cream store!
For information, call 530-798-9601.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Cioppino and pasta feed fundraiser coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds
- Foothills activists sought to advocate for Medicare, Social Security
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom