Walking tour of Nevada City’s trees
June 17, 2013
Nevada County Walkers walk the streets of Nevada City every Thursday evening and five additional days, but on Thursday, we'll be doing something special.
We'll follow the map several folks designed and distribute through the Nevada City Chamber of Commerce. Published in 2008, they used numbered maple leaves to designate a special tree on a map that wanders through Nevada City. The entire tour is a few hours, and we'll do half this week, half the next.
You won't want to miss this very interesting walk and discover the gems living throughout the downtown area.
Meeting time is 5:30 a.m. at the Robinson Plaza in front of the Nevada City Chamber of Commerce. Bring water and sunscreen, and we'll see you then! Bring a couple of dollars if you plan on stopping at the ice cream store!
For information, call 530-798-9601.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say