Victorian Fair 2013 coming in November
October 22, 2013
For more than 50 years, the ladies of Emmanuel Episcopal Church have been hosting the traditional Victorian Fair. This year's event is scheduled for Nov. 1 and 2. The Ladies Guild originally started the Victorian Fair as a way to support local nonprofits. Proceeds from this the Victorian Fair and St. Catherine's Guild's other large fundraiser, the Shrove Tuesday Waffle Sale, help support many nonprofits in the community. In recent years, a fair café has been added to the boutique. Delicious food cooked by the ladies of St. Catherine's Guild is served throughout the day. Soup, sandwiches, quiche, salad or a slice will be for sale for shoppers.
Admission is free. Food is served from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For information, call Emmanuel Episcopal Church at 530-273-7876.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public