‘Vets helping vets’ fundraiser at the Northridge in Nevada City
January 10, 2013
Navy and Marine Corps veteran Dale Thomas has struggled with multiple sclerosis for 15 years. His MS has developed to the point he is wheelchair-bound and is no longer able to maintain his house which has suffered extensive water damage.
A group of veterans from the Marine Corps League, Vietnam Veterans of America, Friends of Nevada County Military and Nevada City Elks have come together to make much needed repairs to Dale's house.
A fund raiser will be held from 5-8:30 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 14, at the Northridge Restaurant in Nevada City. The restaurant will donate 10 percent of the evening's sales to help cover the cost of materials used to repair Dale's house. Community members are encouraged to join veterans at the Northridge for an evening of great food to support a good cause.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County