Veteran political reporter to address Nevada County Democrats
January 18, 2013
Dan Morain, senior editor of the opinion section of the Sacramento Bee will be guest speaker at the January "First Tuesday Democrats" dinner hosted monthly by Nevada County Democrats. Holiday scheduling and site availability have required changing the meeting date to Wednesday, January 9.
Morain is a veteran political reporter with 27 years' experience at the Los Angeles Times. He joined the Sacramento Bee in early 2010, and now sheds light on state and national politics through researched columns on such issues as campaign financing and the tension between corporate profit and the interests of individual citizens.
All are welcome to attend the January 9 meeting, which will be from 5:30 to 8 p.m. on the lower floor of the Nevada City Veteran's Hall, 415 No. Pine Street. Complimentary pizza and salad will be provided. Beverages, including sodas and water, are available. Reservations are not needed, but for questions or to help estimate attendance for this special speaker, please leave a message for Jim Firth at Nevada County Democrats, (530) 477-1804 or Nevadacountydemocrats.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County coroner: San Francisco man disappears while swimming in South Yuba River
- Love at first bite: A chance pit stop on a country road turned into a booming business for Ajay Avery
- Nevada County coroner: Homicide victim Brian Sharp had meth in his system
- Grass Valley’s Culture Shock Yogurt prepares to close downtown location
- Grass Valley family in need of financial help for son’s recovery from liver transplant — and his donor