Veteran political reporter to address Nevada County Democrats
January 18, 2013
Dan Morain, senior editor of the opinion section of the Sacramento Bee will be guest speaker at the January "First Tuesday Democrats" dinner hosted monthly by Nevada County Democrats. Holiday scheduling and site availability have required changing the meeting date to Wednesday, January 9.
Morain is a veteran political reporter with 27 years' experience at the Los Angeles Times. He joined the Sacramento Bee in early 2010, and now sheds light on state and national politics through researched columns on such issues as campaign financing and the tension between corporate profit and the interests of individual citizens.
All are welcome to attend the January 9 meeting, which will be from 5:30 to 8 p.m. on the lower floor of the Nevada City Veteran's Hall, 415 No. Pine Street. Complimentary pizza and salad will be provided. Beverages, including sodas and water, are available. Reservations are not needed, but for questions or to help estimate attendance for this special speaker, please leave a message for Jim Firth at Nevada County Democrats, (530) 477-1804 or Nevadacountydemocrats.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Partners in English Language Learning seeks volunteer tutors in Nevada County
- Grass Valley shelter overrun with cats, needs families, donations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton