Veganic CSA available from Animal Place
March 19, 2013
Join the only veganic Community Supported Agriculture program in Nevada County. The proceeds will directly benefit the farmed animals at Animal Place.
"At Animal Place, we honor the animal residents and nonhumans everywhere by not using their bodies and excrement to grow food. Our growing practices are 100 percent plant-based, organic and compassionate," according to the organization's CSA website.
The boxes will be available for pick up on Wednesdays. While you're there, spend time meeting and learning about the animal residents of the sanctuary. Included in the boxes will be a newsletter about the farm and vegan recipes.
For more information and to sign up, visit growitkindly.wordpress.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- BIRTHS: JULY 21, 2017
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws