University Women to examine ‘The Sages Among Us’
March 5, 2014
What experiences and people shaped who you are today? What makes Nevada County a great place to live? These are just some of the questions Dr. Gary Quehl will explore at the AAUW Nevada County Branch's meeting on March 15. Dr. Quehl, author and longtime leadership expert, will engage attendees in a conversation about the purposes and findings of the Sage Leadership Project, a two-year study sponsored by the Center for Non-Profit Leadership, Nevada County. The results of the study, which examined the role that individuals voluntarily play in sharing their experiences, judgment and wisdom to advance the welfare of their communities, are featured in his book, "The Sages Among Us: Harnessing the Power of Civic Engagement."
There is no cost, and everyone is welcome from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. on March 15 at Peace Lutheran Church, 828 W. Main St., Grass Valley The program begins at 10: a.m.
Visit http://www.nevadacounty-ca.aauw.net or call 530-470-9395.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Lack of inventory continues to drive higher price of homes in Nevada County
- Grass Valley woman charged after dog dies in hot car
- Teardown begins for Tractor Supply Company in Grass Valley
- Auburn Police arrest attempted kidnap suspect
- Property purchase first step in improving pedestrian access to downtown Grass Valley (MAP)