United Way’s 5th annual Day of Action coming up in May
April 9, 2013
This year, United Way is partnering up with local businesses and schools to organize the fifth Day of Action, slated for May 10. The event is a day set aside for employees and people of all ages to work at one of United Way of Nevada County's partner agencies or other nonprofits. Megan Timpany, executive director of United Way of Nevada County, said, "We look forward to working with the volunteers that will be participating in the fifth annual Day of Action. This is a great day for community members to give back through volunteerism to the nonprofits in Nevada County."
United Way of Nevada County, Nevada County's business community and many youth volunteers will be working on several much-needed projects May 10.
Local businesses, their employees and the youth will play an important role in making it a successful day. It should be a fun and rewarding event for all of the community members involved. Many projects will be accomplished on this wonderful day of collaboration. Projects such as painting, gardening, weeding, organizing and filing will all be a part of the community involvement of Day of Action. People from all parts of the community, from local businesses and from schools will come together to help the nonprofit organizations that work so hard all year-round to help the people who need it most. If you or your business would like to get involved, please call 530-274-8111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individual volunteers are always welcome to join the fun and help the community.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball