United Way of Nevada County’s ‘Day of Action’ set for June 1
May 10, 2017
United Way of Nevada County is planning its 9th annual "Day of Action," set for June 1. This is a national day of service for United Way chapters throughout the world; a day designed to positively change communities. This year, United Way of Nevada County's "Day of Action" will include projects such as painting, gardening, weeding, organizing, and filing.
People from all parts of the community will come together to help nonprofit organizations that work hard all year round to help the people who need it most. Local businesses such as Telestream, JC Penney, UPS, Texas Instruments and more have volunteered in the past. Students from the community, including Bitney Prep will be helping out this year. Individual volunteers are encouraged to join the fun and help the community during this day of action. UWNC envisions a community where all individuals and families achieve their desired potential through healthy lives, education and income stability. United Way of Nevada County's mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community. United Way of Nevada County's focus areas are the basic needs of our community, including food, emergency shelter and access to health care.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County coroner: San Francisco man disappears while swimming in South Yuba River
- Love at first bite: A chance pit stop on a country road turned into a booming business for Ajay Avery
- Nevada County coroner: Homicide victim Brian Sharp had meth in his system
- Grass Valley’s Culture Shock Yogurt prepares to close downtown location
- Grass Valley family in need of financial help for son’s recovery from liver transplant — and his donor