United Way of Nevada County’s ‘Day of Action’ set for June 1
May 10, 2017
United Way of Nevada County is planning its 9th annual "Day of Action," set for June 1. This is a national day of service for United Way chapters throughout the world; a day designed to positively change communities. This year, United Way of Nevada County's "Day of Action" will include projects such as painting, gardening, weeding, organizing, and filing.
People from all parts of the community will come together to help nonprofit organizations that work hard all year round to help the people who need it most. Local businesses such as Telestream, JC Penney, UPS, Texas Instruments and more have volunteered in the past. Students from the community, including Bitney Prep will be helping out this year. Individual volunteers are encouraged to join the fun and help the community during this day of action. UWNC envisions a community where all individuals and families achieve their desired potential through healthy lives, education and income stability. United Way of Nevada County's mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community. United Way of Nevada County's focus areas are the basic needs of our community, including food, emergency shelter and access to health care.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Daughters of the American Revolution honor high school ‘good citizens’ in Nevada County
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier