United Way book sale ends Nov. 8
November 5, 2013
There are only a few more days left to take advantage of the great prices at the Nevada County Book Sale. Choose from mysteries, adventures, science fiction and more. Nevada County is currently hosting its 18th annual Book Sale at the Rood Center Lobby, located at 950 Maidu Ave. in Nevada City. The sale ends Nov. 8. The sale is open to the public from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
All proceeds go to United Way of Nevada County. There are a variety of books on hand, including children's, cookbooks, fiction and non-fiction, ranging in price from 50 cents to $2, and tapes, CDs and DVDs for $1 to $3.
United Way of Nevada County is currently collecting donations of new/gently used blankets, sleeping bags and gloves to help keep the homeless warm this winter.
For information, please contact Lelia Loomis at 530-265-1498.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo