United Way blanket and glove drive
November 11, 2013
United Way of Nevada County is holding a drive to collect blankets and gloves for the homeless in our community. Donate new or gently used blankets, sleeping bags and gloves and help the homeless stay warm this winter. Please donate new or gently used blankets (preferably twin size), sleeping bags and/or women's, men's and children's gloves. Everything collected will stay in our community. Help us keep the homeless warm this winter.
Drop off locations include Walker's Office Supplies, J.C. Penney, B&C True Value Home Center, the lobby of the Rood Center, Grass Valley Chamber of Commerce, Nevada City Chamber of Commerce, Bank of America (Sutton Way and South Church Street branches), Sammy's Friends and the United Way office (call first) located at 743 Maltman Drive in Grass Valley.
Do you want to put out a collection box at your business? We have Blanket Drive Kits, which include a box, and fliers. Please let us know if you are interested in participating in this holiday collection. For information, call 530-274-8111 or email admin@UWNC.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Raising Deer Creek awareness — open studio artist partners with Sierra Streams Institute
- Annual classic truck and 4×4 show coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds in October
- Flea market at Bear River High this Saturday
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations