U.S. Representative Doug LaMalfa named to Natural Resources and Agriculture Subcommittees
January 25, 2013
U.S. Representative Doug LaMalfa (R-CA) today announced that he has been appointed to five subcommittees with a strong impact on the North State, particularly in the areas of water supply, forest management and agriculture.
"I am pleased and excited to be appointed to these five subcommittees, which I believe are an excellent fit and very important to California's First Congressional District," LaMalfa said. "Water supply, forest management and agriculture are primary economic factors in the district and I am eager to utilize my experience and background as a member of these subcommittees."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County Democrats to host Dave Jones in Nevada City
- Grass Valley spaghetti dinner to benefit transplant donor and recipient
- Photography exhibit: amateur and professional photographers wanted
- Raley’s makes donation to Hospice of the Foothills in Grass Valley
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Felony manslaughter filed in fatal Grass Valley ATV crash
- Housing crisis hits deep: Nevada County family struggles to find a place to live
- Terry McAteer: Rejecting endorsement of hatred, bigotry
- Caltrans talks Highway 49 concept: Center barrier, roundabouts on corridor
- General manager of Nevada Irrigation District clarifies comments about marijuana grows