Two small vegetation fires keeps fire crews busy
May 21, 2013
Two separate vegetation fires kept local fire crews busy Monday afternoon.
The first fire, on Conestoga Way near Bitmey Springs Road, was reported just before 1:30 p.m. It was initially reported as smoke, but was located by the Cal Fire Air Attack plane, said Nevada County Consolidated Fire Battalion Chief Jerry Funk. Grass Valley and Penn Valley firefighters also responded to that fire, which was contained to a half-acre.
The second fire, located off Lake Vera-Purdon Road near Charden Way, was reported at about 6:15 p.m. Nevada City Fire Department assisted and that fire was contained to a quarter-acre.
Both fires appeared to be accidental, Funk said. No structures were involved and there were no injuries.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed