Two small vegetation fires keeps fire crews busy
May 21, 2013
Two separate vegetation fires kept local fire crews busy Monday afternoon.
The first fire, on Conestoga Way near Bitmey Springs Road, was reported just before 1:30 p.m. It was initially reported as smoke, but was located by the Cal Fire Air Attack plane, said Nevada County Consolidated Fire Battalion Chief Jerry Funk. Grass Valley and Penn Valley firefighters also responded to that fire, which was contained to a half-acre.
The second fire, located off Lake Vera-Purdon Road near Charden Way, was reported at about 6:15 p.m. Nevada City Fire Department assisted and that fire was contained to a quarter-acre.
Both fires appeared to be accidental, Funk said. No structures were involved and there were no injuries.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Faith groups invite Nevada County residents to come together in unity
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Congressman Tom McClintock to speak to Nevada County Republican Women
- 1/2-acre vegetation fire off North Bloomfield contained
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity