Two small vegetation fires keeps fire crews busy
May 21, 2013
Two separate vegetation fires kept local fire crews busy Monday afternoon.
The first fire, on Conestoga Way near Bitmey Springs Road, was reported just before 1:30 p.m. It was initially reported as smoke, but was located by the Cal Fire Air Attack plane, said Nevada County Consolidated Fire Battalion Chief Jerry Funk. Grass Valley and Penn Valley firefighters also responded to that fire, which was contained to a half-acre.
The second fire, located off Lake Vera-Purdon Road near Charden Way, was reported at about 6:15 p.m. Nevada City Fire Department assisted and that fire was contained to a quarter-acre.
Both fires appeared to be accidental, Funk said. No structures were involved and there were no injuries.
Trending In: News Briefs
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Nevada County homeless man given second chance with previous job
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping