Two small vegetation fires keeps fire crews busy
May 21, 2013
Two separate vegetation fires kept local fire crews busy Monday afternoon.
The first fire, on Conestoga Way near Bitmey Springs Road, was reported just before 1:30 p.m. It was initially reported as smoke, but was located by the Cal Fire Air Attack plane, said Nevada County Consolidated Fire Battalion Chief Jerry Funk. Grass Valley and Penn Valley firefighters also responded to that fire, which was contained to a half-acre.
The second fire, located off Lake Vera-Purdon Road near Charden Way, was reported at about 6:15 p.m. Nevada City Fire Department assisted and that fire was contained to a quarter-acre.
Both fires appeared to be accidental, Funk said. No structures were involved and there were no injuries.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Partners in English Language Learning seeks volunteer tutors in Nevada County
- Grass Valley shelter overrun with cats, needs families, donations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton