Two-day book sale this weekend
April 30, 2013
The Friends of the Nevada County Libraries are holding a big two-day Book Sale on Saturday and Sunday at the Doris Foley Historical Library, 211 N. Pine Street in Nevada City. Saturday hours are 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Sunday hours are 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thousands of books are available with prices from 25 cents for paperbacks and $1 to $3 for most hardcover books. All types of books are included — fiction, non-fiction, children's, collectible, etc. This month's sale features music, humor and nature books. On Sunday, new books will be added to the sale and everything will be half price.
For additional information, call 530-265-1407 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also this month, outside the sale, there will be a bake sale to support the Nevada Union High School Library. This is the Senior Project of two NU students, Caidin and Hannah. Please stop by to support them and enjoy a treat or two.
Your gently used books can be donated at any Nevada County library branch or outside Raley's grocery store in Grass Valley. This is a great way to support your local libraries. Proceeds go toward library materials, programs and equipment. You can also get really great deals on like-new books.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Donations being accepted for Dr. Martin medical scholarship