Transformer fire causes Grass Valley power outage
May 15, 2014
A power outage in downtown Grass Valley Wednesday afternoon was caused by a transformer fire.
Grass Valley Fire received a call for smoke coming from an underground vault, said Division Chief Jerry Funk. Crews arrived to find a PG&E underground electrical vault with smoke showing. Firefighters remained at scene until PG&E crews were able shut off the power.
The fire was contained to a transformer, Funk said. The power outage in the downtown area was expected to last several hours while PG&E replaces the damaged equipment, along with traffic restrictions on South Auburn Street.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- ‘Meet and Greet’ for Kimberly Ellis, candidate for state chair of the California Democratic Party