Transformer fire causes Grass Valley power outage
May 15, 2014
A power outage in downtown Grass Valley Wednesday afternoon was caused by a transformer fire.
Grass Valley Fire received a call for smoke coming from an underground vault, said Division Chief Jerry Funk. Crews arrived to find a PG&E underground electrical vault with smoke showing. Firefighters remained at scene until PG&E crews were able shut off the power.
The fire was contained to a transformer, Funk said. The power outage in the downtown area was expected to last several hours while PG&E replaces the damaged equipment, along with traffic restrictions on South Auburn Street.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum