Town hall meeting to examine state health care bill
May 14, 2017
A free Town Hall Meeting is scheduled from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the Nevada Theatre in Nevada City. Community members can learn more about the Healthy California Act/Senate Bill 562, guaranteeing healthcare to all Californians, which was approved by the State Senate Health Committee on April 26. It is now moving through the Calfiornia State Legislature. The event will start off with the informative documentary, "Now Is The Time." At 6:45 p.m., KVMR, 89.5 FM, will begin to broadcast live from the meeting. Keynote speaker, Michael Lighty, director of public policy for National Nurses United, California Nurses Assoc. and one of the authors of this bill, will explain SB 562. Next, Lighty will be joined by a panel of distinguished policy experts and health care practitioners for a Q&A, facilitated by the League of Women Voters of Placer County. Additional panelists will be Aldebra Schroll, MD; Kathy Kennedy, RN, BSN, California Nurses Assoc. and Keith McCallin, PA-C, Regional Director of the Healthy California Campaign. This Town Hall is presented Health Care for All – Nevada County Chapter and several other organizations. To learn more about this bill, come to this important meeting or tune in to KVMR or go to http://www.healthycaliforniaact.org.
On May 19 on Lobby Day, in Sacramento, join medical students, doctors, nurses, and lay people from all across California who will be lobbying our legislators to ask them to guarantee that every California resident gets the healthcare they need through a just, equitable healthcare system. Participants may car pool or reserve a space on the free bus to Sacramento at https://goo.gl/8Z9O9e, or sign up at the Town Hall.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Daughters of the American Revolution honor high school ‘good citizens’ in Nevada County
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier