Tickets now on a sale for KARE Affaire: Gala dinner and celebrity costume fashion show and auction
September 13, 2013
The KARE Crisis Nursery is holding its Fourth Annual "KARE Affaire" at 5 p.m., Oct. 12, at the Rincon Del Rio Estate on the Bear River. The evening begins with appetizers and a hosted bar on the river patio. This will be followed by a catered dinner, including wines. The evening continues with desserts and a silent auction at the estate home, followed by the event highlight — a variety of our most colorful citizens modeling elaborate hand-made costumes, which will then be auctioned off. Models include Dr. Scott and Carol Kellermann from the Kellermann Foundation, Kevin and Melissa Cookson and many more of Nevada County supporters of KARE Crisis Nursery.
The ticket price is $70 per person or $400 for a table of six, and it includes all the food, drink and festivities of the evening in a spectacular setting.
The proceeds benefit KARE Crisis Nursery, a home where families under stress can bring their small children for respite or emergency child care when no other resources are available to them.
Information can be downloaded from the website at http://www.karecrisisnursery.org or by calling the KARE office at 530-265-0693.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Donations being accepted for Dr. Martin medical scholarship