The Palestine-Israel Working Group of Nevada County sponsored by Peace Center
January 4, 2013
The Palestine-Israel Working Group of Nevada County (PIWG) advocates for human rights, equality and justice for all in Palestine and Israel. Open to the public, the group meets at 7 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month at the Peace Center of Nevada County, 216 B Main Street in Nevada City.
PIWG sponsors the 'Women and Men in Black' vigil Thursdays, 5:15 to 6 p.m. on the Broad Street bridge in Nevada City. The vigil is in support of the Women in Black in Israel, who founded the movement in 1988. All who support human rights and justice for all in Palestine and Israel are welcome to join the vigil.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Now hiring: Grass Valley, Nevada City undergoing changes
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth