The Palestine-Israel Working Group of Nevada County sponsored by Peace Center
January 4, 2013
The Palestine-Israel Working Group of Nevada County (PIWG) advocates for human rights, equality and justice for all in Palestine and Israel. Open to the public, the group meets at 7 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month at the Peace Center of Nevada County, 216 B Main Street in Nevada City.
PIWG sponsors the 'Women and Men in Black' vigil Thursdays, 5:15 to 6 p.m. on the Broad Street bridge in Nevada City. The vigil is in support of the Women in Black in Israel, who founded the movement in 1988. All who support human rights and justice for all in Palestine and Israel are welcome to join the vigil.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Faith groups invite Nevada County residents to come together in unity
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Craft Guild’s ‘Winterfaire’ this weekend at Nevada County Fairgrounds
- E-waste fundraiser at Union Hill School Dec. 10
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation