The Palestine-Israel Working Group of Nevada County sponsored by Peace Center
January 4, 2013
The Palestine-Israel Working Group of Nevada County (PIWG) advocates for human rights, equality and justice for all in Palestine and Israel. Open to the public, the group meets at 7 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month at the Peace Center of Nevada County, 216 B Main Street in Nevada City.
PIWG sponsors the 'Women and Men in Black' vigil Thursdays, 5:15 to 6 p.m. on the Broad Street bridge in Nevada City. The vigil is in support of the Women in Black in Israel, who founded the movement in 1988. All who support human rights and justice for all in Palestine and Israel are welcome to join the vigil.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Grass Valley brew pub details emerge
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Alta Sierra road erodes after water main break
- Jerry Karnow to receive Public Safety Award from the Nevada County Law Enforcement and Fire Prevention Council