The Palestine-Israel Working Group of Nevada County sponsored by Peace Center
January 4, 2013
The Palestine-Israel Working Group of Nevada County (PIWG) advocates for human rights, equality and justice for all in Palestine and Israel. Open to the public, the group meets at 7 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month at the Peace Center of Nevada County, 216 B Main Street in Nevada City.
PIWG sponsors the 'Women and Men in Black' vigil Thursdays, 5:15 to 6 p.m. on the Broad Street bridge in Nevada City. The vigil is in support of the Women in Black in Israel, who founded the movement in 1988. All who support human rights and justice for all in Palestine and Israel are welcome to join the vigil.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance