The Palestine-Israel Working Group of Nevada County sponsored by Peace Center
January 4, 2013
The Palestine-Israel Working Group of Nevada County (PIWG) advocates for human rights, equality and justice for all in Palestine and Israel. Open to the public, the group meets at 7 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month at the Peace Center of Nevada County, 216 B Main Street in Nevada City.
PIWG sponsors the 'Women and Men in Black' vigil Thursdays, 5:15 to 6 p.m. on the Broad Street bridge in Nevada City. The vigil is in support of the Women in Black in Israel, who founded the movement in 1988. All who support human rights and justice for all in Palestine and Israel are welcome to join the vigil.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County