The Owl hosts United Way fundraiser
December 26, 2012
The Owl Grill & Saloon is hosting an "Evening Out" fundraiser for United Way of Nevada County from 5 to 8 p.m. Nov. 1. The new owner, Steve Graham, has pledged 25 percent of the proceeds of diners who bring in a special coupon to United Way of Nevada County and its 20 local nonprofit partner agencies.
This year's United Way community impact areas are education, income and health. In the impact area of education, it is helping children and adults achieve their potential through education and mentoring programs. In the impact area of income, it is helping families and seniors become financially stable and independent by supporting basic needs. In the impact area of health, it is improving people's health by increasing access to critical health care services, reducing substance abuse, child abuse and domestic violence. United Way is creating opportunities by focusing on these three building blocks for a good life. United Way of Nevada County is celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2012.
Call (530) 274-1144 to make a reservation. The coupons are available for printing on United Way's website at http://www.uwnc.org. The Owl Grill & Saloon is located at 134 Mill St. in Grass Valley.
For information, call United Way at (530) 274-8111.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death