The Nevada County Newcomer’s Club host author, illustrator Maryjo Koch
May 19, 2013
Talented author, illustrator, and artist, Maryjo Koch, will be the featured speaker at the Nevada County Newcomers Club luncheon on Wednesday, May, 22, at the Alta Sierra Country Club. Working from her studio in the Santa Cruz Mountains, Koch is an artist whose enchanting nature paintings and private commissions are featured in galleries and museums from North American to Asia. She has illustrated 18 books that are treasured and collected by people all around the world. Maryjo will be speaking about how she became a writer and business owner. This talented, fun, humorous speaker will have her books available for sale.
Cost of the luncheon and meeting is $18. Lunch choices include Bay Shrimp and Crab Enchiladas, Cumin Crusted Chicken Breast, and Herbed Cheese Polenta Stackers. All choices include soup du jour, bread and butter, coffee and tea, and tuxedo cake dessert. To make your reservation, send an $18 check made payable to Newcomers Club to Patricia Graves, 10065 Robinson King Road, Nevada City, CA 95959. Please write on the check your luncheon choice. The luncheon begins at 11:45 a.m.; doors open at 11 a.m. Reservation deadline is Tuesday, May 14.
Nevada County Newcomers Club is a women's social club that usually meets on the fourth Wednesday of the month for a luncheon and program. New members are welcome and do not have to be new residents of Nevada County. If you are interested in receiving information regarding the club, please call 530-478-1114.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier