The League of Women Voters of Western Nevada County presents candidate forums
February 21, 2014
What? Elections again? Yes, primary elections are coming June 3. Do you know the candidates? The League of Women Voters of Western Nevada County has planned a series of voter forums to help you learn about the candidates.
The league has planned four voter forums in March and April. The goal of these presentations is to offer the community an opportunity to meet and listen to candidates' views.
All presentations will be held at the board of supervisors' auditorium at the Rood Center, 950 Maidu Ave., in Nevada City, from 7-9 p.m. They are free, and all registered voters are invited.
Thursday March 20 — Candidates for the United States 1st Congressional District and candidates for the California State Assembly, District 1.
Thursday, March 27 — Candidates for Nevada County supervisor, District 3, and candidates for Nevada County supervisor, District 4.
Thursday, April 3 — Superior court judge, seats one and two.
Thursday, April 10 — Candidates for the office of district attorney (7-8 p.m.).
Become informed and exercise your right to vote. If you have moved since the last election, register your new address with the registrar of voters. Also, check the League's website: lwvwnc.org for current information on election 2014.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance