Tar sands arrestees to show energy crisis film
July 17, 2013
"Blind Spot," a documentary film that illustrates the current oil and energy crisis, will be shown at 7 p.m. July 21 at the Unitarian Universalist Community of the Mountains, 246 S. Church St. in Grass Valley.
The film will be introduced by tar sands action arrestees Jordan and Karen Perry, who will lead a discussion of fracking, mountaintop removal, the Keystone XL Pipeline and other pressing energy issues.
The free event is part of a series presented by the Green Sanctuary Committee of the Unitarian Universalist Community of the Mountains. Donations will be accepted.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum