Tar sands arrestees to show energy crisis film
July 17, 2013
"Blind Spot," a documentary film that illustrates the current oil and energy crisis, will be shown at 7 p.m. July 21 at the Unitarian Universalist Community of the Mountains, 246 S. Church St. in Grass Valley.
The film will be introduced by tar sands action arrestees Jordan and Karen Perry, who will lead a discussion of fracking, mountaintop removal, the Keystone XL Pipeline and other pressing energy issues.
The free event is part of a series presented by the Green Sanctuary Committee of the Unitarian Universalist Community of the Mountains. Donations will be accepted.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom
- Protest planned outside Auburn water agency event Friday
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- 3 brothers appear in Nevada County Superior Court on unrelated charges