Tapestry Network to host benefit for Anew Day
November 10, 2013
The Tapestry Network of Nevada County has reached a few major milestones and celebrated with a ribbon cutting at their new office located at 419 Colfax Avenue in Grass Valley. This Christian woman's organization started with a few ladies looking for ways to make an impact for local nonprofits and for Jesus. In less than 20 months, this organization has given more than $20,000 to local nonprofits, $21,372 to be exact, and has opened an office in downtown Grass Valley.
The Tapestry picks two local nonprofits to work with each month. Thursday, Nov. 14, is the next fundraiser. The Tapestry Gathering will be at the Holbrooke Hotel and is a benefit for Anew Day. Joy Porter will be speaking on behalf of Anew Day. The evening's guest speaker is Melisa Mistler, owner of M3 Mall and Nevada County's volunteer of the year for 2010 and 2012. She will be speaking on the benefits of volunteering — these benefits include your health and your business. All women in Nevada County are invited and encouraged to register online at http://www.nevadacountybamtapestry.com/events or via email email@example.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans