Tapestry Network raises funds for Bridge-Network
May 7, 2013
The Tapestry Network (formerly known as "The BAM Project"), which is a nation-wide Christian businesswomen's organization, is hosting a fundraiser Thursday in downtown Grass Valley.
The Nevada County Tapestry works with two local nonprofits each month in a goal to raise money for local charities. The newest endeavor is a dinner at Christopher's Catering at 5:20 p.m. Thursday. The guest speaker is professional speaker Carol Scofield. Peggy Fava, Nevada County resident and Tapestry Network founding member, will discuss Bridge-Network's mission of bringing faith-based communities and non-profit organizations into one single resourcing site. This includes a determination to make a change with sex trafficking that happens locally and assistance with other local nonprofits like Women of Worth.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo