Supes deem April 27 as Kiwanis Tai Chi and Qigong Day in Nevada County
April 21, 2013
The Nevada County Board of Supervisors passed a resolution declaring April 27, 2013, as Gold Country Kiwanis Tai Chi & Qigong day in Nevada County.
The Resolution said in part, "WHEREAS, The Gold Country Kiwanis Club will lead Qigong and Tai Chi on Saturday, April 27 from 9 to 11 a.m. at Club Sierra, 130 W. Berryhill Drive, Grass Valley, to benefit the Kiwanis Children's Arts Foundation from individual contributions. The Board of Supervisors hereby proclaims April 27 as Gold Country Kiwanis Tai Chi and Qigong Day in Nevada County."
"World Tai Chi & Qigong Day" is celebrated in more than 60 nations as a traditional Chinese exercise of relaxed movements increasingly found to benefit the health. It has been proven to benefit stress relief, improve balance and coordination and improve behavior for many adolescents.
All community members are invited to join The Gold Country Kiwanis for this celebration of "One World … One Breath!" The entire gym will be free to use before and after the demonstrations of Tai Chi and Qigong. Community members are invited to join the group or just watch the beautiful movements. Coffee, bagels and fruit will be served by the Kiwanis Club.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana