Supes deem April 27 as Kiwanis Tai Chi and Qigong Day in Nevada County
April 21, 2013
The Nevada County Board of Supervisors passed a resolution declaring April 27, 2013, as Gold Country Kiwanis Tai Chi & Qigong day in Nevada County.
The Resolution said in part, "WHEREAS, The Gold Country Kiwanis Club will lead Qigong and Tai Chi on Saturday, April 27 from 9 to 11 a.m. at Club Sierra, 130 W. Berryhill Drive, Grass Valley, to benefit the Kiwanis Children's Arts Foundation from individual contributions. The Board of Supervisors hereby proclaims April 27 as Gold Country Kiwanis Tai Chi and Qigong Day in Nevada County."
"World Tai Chi & Qigong Day" is celebrated in more than 60 nations as a traditional Chinese exercise of relaxed movements increasingly found to benefit the health. It has been proven to benefit stress relief, improve balance and coordination and improve behavior for many adolescents.
All community members are invited to join The Gold Country Kiwanis for this celebration of "One World … One Breath!" The entire gym will be free to use before and after the demonstrations of Tai Chi and Qigong. Community members are invited to join the group or just watch the beautiful movements. Coffee, bagels and fruit will be served by the Kiwanis Club.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Lake Wildwood Women’s Exchange ‘closet swap’ CoRR fundraiser
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Intero Children’s Charity Fundraiser set for Saturday in Grass Valley
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball