Supes deem April 27 as Kiwanis Tai Chi and Qigong Day in Nevada County
April 21, 2013
The Nevada County Board of Supervisors passed a resolution declaring April 27, 2013, as Gold Country Kiwanis Tai Chi & Qigong day in Nevada County.
The Resolution said in part, "WHEREAS, The Gold Country Kiwanis Club will lead Qigong and Tai Chi on Saturday, April 27 from 9 to 11 a.m. at Club Sierra, 130 W. Berryhill Drive, Grass Valley, to benefit the Kiwanis Children's Arts Foundation from individual contributions. The Board of Supervisors hereby proclaims April 27 as Gold Country Kiwanis Tai Chi and Qigong Day in Nevada County."
"World Tai Chi & Qigong Day" is celebrated in more than 60 nations as a traditional Chinese exercise of relaxed movements increasingly found to benefit the health. It has been proven to benefit stress relief, improve balance and coordination and improve behavior for many adolescents.
All community members are invited to join The Gold Country Kiwanis for this celebration of "One World … One Breath!" The entire gym will be free to use before and after the demonstrations of Tai Chi and Qigong. Community members are invited to join the group or just watch the beautiful movements. Coffee, bagels and fruit will be served by the Kiwanis Club.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- INSERVICE: U.S. Air Force Airman Trevor J. Kellogg
- Three day yard sale at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire