Stress management support group for women with auto-immune disorders
December 27, 2012
Licensed Clinical Social Worker Lynette Weiss, and mental health consultant Marge Kaiser, M.A., are collaborating to provide a stress management support group for women with auto-immune disorders. The support group will run six consecutive Mondays beginning noon to 1:30 p.m. Oct. 15. The course includes assessment of current stress levels, specific techniques for managing stress, including humor, self-care, how to communicate with your doctor and the role of exercise, nutrition and spiritual practice in long-term health care. Weiss has been working for several years with clients who have auto-immune disorders and Kaiser has taught stress management and led women's groups for over 10 years. Their collaboration provides an opportunity for participants to benefit from their collective expertise. The support group is covered by most health insurances, or there is a nominal sliding scale for those who need assistance.
For information or to register, call (530) 798-1076 or (530) 265-6649.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier