Stress management support group for women with auto-immune disorders
December 27, 2012
Licensed Clinical Social Worker Lynette Weiss, and mental health consultant Marge Kaiser, M.A., are collaborating to provide a stress management support group for women with auto-immune disorders. The support group will run six consecutive Mondays beginning noon to 1:30 p.m. Oct. 15. The course includes assessment of current stress levels, specific techniques for managing stress, including humor, self-care, how to communicate with your doctor and the role of exercise, nutrition and spiritual practice in long-term health care. Weiss has been working for several years with clients who have auto-immune disorders and Kaiser has taught stress management and led women's groups for over 10 years. Their collaboration provides an opportunity for participants to benefit from their collective expertise. The support group is covered by most health insurances, or there is a nominal sliding scale for those who need assistance.
For information or to register, call (530) 798-1076 or (530) 265-6649.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- INSERVICE: U.S. Air Force Airman Trevor J. Kellogg
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- Three day yard sale at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire