State senator Ted Gaines to host Town Hall Meeting
May 10, 2013
District 1 state Sen. Ted Gaines will host a town hall meeting from 6 to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, May 22, in the Nevada County board of supervisors chambers, 950 Maidu Avenue in Nevada City. Topics will include goals and priorities for 2013. The meeting will also give community members a chance to meet District 1 and Capitol staff, share concerns about state issues and learn about available resources and services.
Senate District 1 is made up of 11 counties in Northern California and is home to nearly 1 million people. It covers most of the Sierra Nevada range from the Oregon border in Modoc County and travels south along the Nevada border into El Dorado and Alpine counties. It is made up of all or parts of Alpine, El Dorado, Lassen, Modoc, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, Shasta, Siskiyou and Sierra counties. It is a diverse district that also includes many of the Sacramento suburbs. Major cities within the district include Yreka, Redding, Auburn, South Lake Tahoe, Truckee, Grass Valley, Folsom, Placerville, El Dorado Hills, Susanville, Quincy and Alturas.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- INSERVICE: U.S. Air Force Airman Trevor J. Kellogg
- Three day yard sale at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire