State senator Ted Gaines to host Town Hall Meeting
May 10, 2013
District 1 state Sen. Ted Gaines will host a town hall meeting from 6 to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, May 22, in the Nevada County board of supervisors chambers, 950 Maidu Avenue in Nevada City. Topics will include goals and priorities for 2013. The meeting will also give community members a chance to meet District 1 and Capitol staff, share concerns about state issues and learn about available resources and services.
Senate District 1 is made up of 11 counties in Northern California and is home to nearly 1 million people. It covers most of the Sierra Nevada range from the Oregon border in Modoc County and travels south along the Nevada border into El Dorado and Alpine counties. It is made up of all or parts of Alpine, El Dorado, Lassen, Modoc, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, Shasta, Siskiyou and Sierra counties. It is a diverse district that also includes many of the Sacramento suburbs. Major cities within the district include Yreka, Redding, Auburn, South Lake Tahoe, Truckee, Grass Valley, Folsom, Placerville, El Dorado Hills, Susanville, Quincy and Alturas.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death