State senator Ted Gaines to host Town Hall Meeting
May 10, 2013
District 1 state Sen. Ted Gaines will host a town hall meeting from 6 to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, May 22, in the Nevada County board of supervisors chambers, 950 Maidu Avenue in Nevada City. Topics will include goals and priorities for 2013. The meeting will also give community members a chance to meet District 1 and Capitol staff, share concerns about state issues and learn about available resources and services.
Senate District 1 is made up of 11 counties in Northern California and is home to nearly 1 million people. It covers most of the Sierra Nevada range from the Oregon border in Modoc County and travels south along the Nevada border into El Dorado and Alpine counties. It is made up of all or parts of Alpine, El Dorado, Lassen, Modoc, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, Shasta, Siskiyou and Sierra counties. It is a diverse district that also includes many of the Sacramento suburbs. Major cities within the district include Yreka, Redding, Auburn, South Lake Tahoe, Truckee, Grass Valley, Folsom, Placerville, El Dorado Hills, Susanville, Quincy and Alturas.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom
- Protest planned outside Auburn water agency event Friday
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- 3 brothers appear in Nevada County Superior Court on unrelated charges